Minor girl raped, killed by brother-in-law in AP
Hyderabad: A 10-year-old girl was strangulated to death after being raped allegedly by her brother-in-law (elder sister`s husband) in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, police said on Monday.
At around 10.30 PM yesterday, the accused - K Raju - allegedly raped the minor girl at their house in Mominpet village and then strangulated her to death before fleeing.
Mominpet police has booked a case of rape and murder against Raju following a complaint lodged by the victim`s family members.
A man hunt has been launched to nab the accused, who works in a private firm.
Further investigations were underway, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof