Minor girl raped, killed by brother-in-law in AP
Hyderabad: A 10-year-old girl was strangulated to death after being raped allegedly by her brother-in-law (elder sister`s husband) in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district, police said on Monday.
At around 10.30 PM yesterday, the accused - K Raju - allegedly raped the minor girl at their house in Mominpet village and then strangulated her to death before fleeing.
Mominpet police has booked a case of rape and murder against Raju following a complaint lodged by the victim`s family members.
A man hunt has been launched to nab the accused, who works in a private firm.
Further investigations were underway, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi