Missing AP fishermen rescued in Odisha after a week
Berhampur (Odisha): Six fishermen from Andhra Pradesh, who were missing for a week, have been rescued by local fishermen in Gopalpur area of Odisha`s Ganjam district, the police said on Wednesday.
The fishermen of Upada in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, who had ventured into the sea in a small trawler on July 31, faced problems as their vessel developed a snag and went into deep waters, unable to return.
Local fishermen spotted their vessel in the sea and took them ashore yesterday, the sources said.
After being rescued, the six fishermen were taken to New Boxipalli, a fishermen village near Gopalpur, about 30 km from here.
"We were forced to spend about a week in the sea without proper food and water," said G. Ramesh, a rescued fishermen, while narrating their experience.
"It`s a new birth for us," said another fisherman.
Ganjam district administration examined their health and made arrangement for their safe departure. The authorities were also keeping contact with their counterpart East Godavari administration, Ganjam district collector Krishan Kumar said.
The district administration has also made arrangement repairing their fishing vessel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter