MLA tries to disrupt minister`s I-Day speech in Andhra
Anantapur: YSRC MLA Gurunatha Reddy on Thursday tried to disrupt the speech of Andhra Pradesh Revenue Minister N Raghuveera Reddy during an Independence Day function here.
The minister, after hoisting the national flag at the Police Parade ground, was delivering his speech when Gurunatha got up from his seat and shouted that common man was not allowed to participate in such celebrations.
He then sat on the ground near the stage as a mark of protest.
Even as the minister continued his speech, police intervened and convinced Gurunatha to call off his protest.
Also, some advocates protesting the proposed bifurcation of the state were stopped by security personnel from going to the police parade grounds.
They demanded that Raghuveera Reddy should resign from his post and join the movement for a united Andhra Pradesh. Later, the advocates and court staff took out a peace march to clock tower as a mark of protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in Mumbai, but BJP gains lead in Pune, Nashik