MLA tries to disrupt minister`s I-Day speech in Andhra
Anantapur: YSRC MLA Gurunatha Reddy on Thursday tried to disrupt the speech of Andhra Pradesh Revenue Minister N Raghuveera Reddy during an Independence Day function here.
The minister, after hoisting the national flag at the Police Parade ground, was delivering his speech when Gurunatha got up from his seat and shouted that common man was not allowed to participate in such celebrations.
He then sat on the ground near the stage as a mark of protest.
Even as the minister continued his speech, police intervened and convinced Gurunatha to call off his protest.
Also, some advocates protesting the proposed bifurcation of the state were stopped by security personnel from going to the police parade grounds.
They demanded that Raghuveera Reddy should resign from his post and join the movement for a united Andhra Pradesh. Later, the advocates and court staff took out a peace march to clock tower as a mark of protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!