MLAs clash as Telangana bill tabled in Andhra Assembly
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly on Monday witnessed uproarious scenes minutes after the bill for the formation of separate Telangana state was tabled amid protests from anti-Telangana supporters.
As per reports, the assembly was adjourned as the opposition parties stalled the proceedings over the bill returned by President President Pranab Mukherjee to the assembly seeking its views.
As soon as the House met for the day, MLAs surrounded the Speaker`s podium, holding placards and shouting slogans. Amid utter pandemonium, Speaker Nadendla Manohar adjourned the house for an hour.
A scuffle was witnessed between the pro and anti-Telangana MPs outside Andhra Pradesh Assembly minutes after the Telangana Bill was tabled.
Telugu Desam Party and YSR Congress legislators tore copies of Telangana Bill in the presence of media outside Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
While Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) wanted the speaker to immediately take up the Telangana bill for debate, main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) moved an adjournment motion demanding debate on the manner in which the central and state governments are handling the issue of state`s bifurcation.
The YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) members had moved an adjournment motion, urging the Speaker to pass a resolution in the house to ask the central government to keep the state united.
Repeated appeals by the Speaker to restore order in the house fell on deaf ears, leaving no option but to adjourn the house for an hour.
The house was adjourned without any business on Friday on the same issue. The draft Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, 20,13 was sent to President Pranab Mukherjee by the Union Cabinet on Dec 5 with a request to refer it to Andhra Pradesh Assembly to seek its views under Article 3 of the Constitution. The bill reached Hyderabad on Dec 12.
The Business Advisory Committee (BAC) of the assembly is likely to meet later in the day to take a decision on when to take up the bill for debate.
Telangana legislators are demanding that the house immediately take up the bill while their counterparts from Seemandhra want special session next month.
The President has given time till Jan 23 to the Assembly to return the bill with its views. The winter session of the assembly is scheduled to end Dec 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly