Model coach of Hyderabad Metro unveiled
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday asked officials to ensure Phase 1 of the Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) is completed by March 2015.
The Chief Minister unveiled the model coach of Hyderabad Metro on the Necklace Road here. The coach will be open for public viewing from tomorrow. He said HMR was the world`s largest metro rail project under Public-Private Partnership mode.
The project would be another jewel in Hyderabad?s crown along with the 160-km Outer Ring Road and P V Narasimha Rao Expressway, he said, adding these infrastructure ventures would ease traffic problems in Greater Hyderabad region.
HMR covers three routes (corridors) having a length of 72 kms and will cost Rs 14,132 crore. The first 8-km stretch will be completed between Nagole and Mettuguda by the end of 2014 and is expected to be opened for traffic in March 2015.
Ministers Danam Nagender, M Mukesh Goud, Kasu Krishna Reddy and several senior bureaucrats and government officials were present at the function, where the coach was displayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Must watch VIDEO: When James Vince, Joe Root teamed-up to take possibly the best slip catch in Test cricket history
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO
- German nationalist slammed over racist comment on Jerome Boateng
- 3D model demonstrates how sea waves transport materials within aquatic ecosystems
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan