Model coach of Hyderabad Metro unveiled
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday asked officials to ensure Phase 1 of the Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) is completed by March 2015.
The Chief Minister unveiled the model coach of Hyderabad Metro on the Necklace Road here. The coach will be open for public viewing from tomorrow. He said HMR was the world`s largest metro rail project under Public-Private Partnership mode.
The project would be another jewel in Hyderabad?s crown along with the 160-km Outer Ring Road and P V Narasimha Rao Expressway, he said, adding these infrastructure ventures would ease traffic problems in Greater Hyderabad region.
HMR covers three routes (corridors) having a length of 72 kms and will cost Rs 14,132 crore. The first 8-km stretch will be completed between Nagole and Mettuguda by the end of 2014 and is expected to be opened for traffic in March 2015.
Ministers Danam Nagender, M Mukesh Goud, Kasu Krishna Reddy and several senior bureaucrats and government officials were present at the function, where the coach was displayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them