Model coach of Hyderabad Metro unveiled
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday asked officials to ensure Phase 1 of the Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) is completed by March 2015.
The Chief Minister unveiled the model coach of Hyderabad Metro on the Necklace Road here. The coach will be open for public viewing from tomorrow. He said HMR was the world`s largest metro rail project under Public-Private Partnership mode.
The project would be another jewel in Hyderabad?s crown along with the 160-km Outer Ring Road and P V Narasimha Rao Expressway, he said, adding these infrastructure ventures would ease traffic problems in Greater Hyderabad region.
HMR covers three routes (corridors) having a length of 72 kms and will cost Rs 14,132 crore. The first 8-km stretch will be completed between Nagole and Mettuguda by the end of 2014 and is expected to be opened for traffic in March 2015.
Ministers Danam Nagender, M Mukesh Goud, Kasu Krishna Reddy and several senior bureaucrats and government officials were present at the function, where the coach was displayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list