Modi offers worship at Lord Venkateswara hill shrine
Tirupati: BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi today offered worship at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara near here.
Modi, accompanied by TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu, offered prayers this morning.
Janasena founder, Pawan Kalyan, actor-turned-politician and brother of Union Minister Chiranjeevi, was also with the two leaders at the temple.
Temple sources said that they were in the temple for about 20 minutes. Before leaving the shrine, temple priests, amid chanting of vedic hymns, invoked divine blessings on Modi.
After offering worship on the hills, the trio also offered prayers at the shrine of Lord Shiva called Vaayulingeswara at Sri Kalahasti, 40 km from here.
Later they flew to Madanapalli, 100 km from here, to address a public meeting. Police had made tight security arrangements for the visit.
Kicking off his two-day campaign in the region of residuary Andhra Pradesh, Modi, sharing the dais with Naidu and Pawan, addressed a public meeting here last night.
BJP sources said during his month-long campaigning across the country, Modi has also visited the famous shrines of Lord Vishwanath at Kashi and Lord Jagannath in Puri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi