More TDP, Cong leaders set to join TRS, claims Rao
Hyderabad: Close on the heels of a TDP MLA announcing his decision to join TRS, the TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday said many others from TDP and Congress would join his party soon.
"I have been telling that and it is proved many times and within the near future you will see many leaders joining TRS," he told reporters here.
TDP MLA G Kamalakar from Karimnagar district had recently met the TRS president and declared his intention to join the Telangana party.
Significantly, the TRS president had recently extended an invitation to Congress leaders from Telangana region to join his party.
He had also met senior Congress leader K Keshav Rao and party MP M Jagannath, giving credence to speculation that some Congress MPs from Telangana are likely to join TRS.
Some of the Telangana Congress MPs, who have been vocal in raising the separate statehood demand, had said they would like to pursue the issue during the parliament session resuming tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the TRS president demanded that a steel plant be set up in Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh.
The demand came in the wake of Andhra Pradesh government allotting iron ore mines in Khammam and Warangal districts (in Telangana region) to the Vizag Steel Plant, a Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd (RINL) enterprise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray