More TDP, Cong leaders set to join TRS, claims Rao
Hyderabad: Close on the heels of a TDP MLA announcing his decision to join TRS, the TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday said many others from TDP and Congress would join his party soon.
"I have been telling that and it is proved many times and within the near future you will see many leaders joining TRS," he told reporters here.
TDP MLA G Kamalakar from Karimnagar district had recently met the TRS president and declared his intention to join the Telangana party.
Significantly, the TRS president had recently extended an invitation to Congress leaders from Telangana region to join his party.
He had also met senior Congress leader K Keshav Rao and party MP M Jagannath, giving credence to speculation that some Congress MPs from Telangana are likely to join TRS.
Some of the Telangana Congress MPs, who have been vocal in raising the separate statehood demand, had said they would like to pursue the issue during the parliament session resuming tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the TRS president demanded that a steel plant be set up in Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh.
The demand came in the wake of Andhra Pradesh government allotting iron ore mines in Khammam and Warangal districts (in Telangana region) to the Vizag Steel Plant, a Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd (RINL) enterprise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users