More valuables worth Rs 76 lakh found at Sai`s Yajur Mandir
Puttaparthi: Silver and gold articles worth over Rs 76 lakh have been found during a joint inspection by government officials and Sri Sathya Sai Central
Trust into a room adjoining late Sathya Sai Baba`s personal
chamber -- the Yajur Mandir`, the Trust said on Sunday.
The inspection came over a fortnight after Rs 11.56
crore in cash, 98 kg of gold and 307 kg of silver was found
from the chamber and officials said that they may survey the
Yajur Mandir again in coming days.
Following a request from the Trust to conduct an
inventory of valuables in a room adjoining the Yajur Mandir, a
team officials including the trustees, council of management
members and representatives of the state government led by
Anantapur district Joint Collector Anitha Ramachandran and
Additional Joint Collector inspected the Yajur Mandir
yesterday and found the valuables from a room, according to a
release from the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust.
The officials found 116 kgs silverware worth Rs 57.96
lakh, 905 grams of gold jewellery worth Rs 15.83 lakh and a
diamond ring worth Rs 3 lakh.
However, no cash was found. The private chambers of Sathya Sai Baba was also
inspected and no valuables were found, the release said.
Joint Colletor Anitha Ramachandran said today that
they may again carry out another inspection in the Yajur
Mandir in the coming days.
"We may again conduct another inspection as there are
lot of covers and envelopes that contain cheques given by
devotees and kept inside the Yajur Mandir," the senior
official said, adding all the articles found yesterday will be
kept in the bank account of Sai Central Trust.
All the items found earlier were also deposited in the
bank account of the Sai Central Trust.
The Yajur Mandir had remained closed ever since Sai
Baba was hospitalised on March 28. The Baba passed away on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered