MoS D Purandareshwari gheraoed by united AP supporters
Guntur: Union Minister of State D Purandareshwari was gheraoed by united Andhra Pradesh supporters when she was attending a private function here on Friday.
They demanded that she resign from her post and join the campaign against the formation of separate Telangana state.
Police then dispersed the protesters.
Purandareshwari later told media that all the Central Ministers from Seemandhra were opposed to the bifurcation, and they will vote against the AP State Reorganisation Bill in the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends