MoS D Purandareshwari gheraoed by united AP supporters
Guntur: Union Minister of State D Purandareshwari was gheraoed by united Andhra Pradesh supporters when she was attending a private function here on Friday.
They demanded that she resign from her post and join the campaign against the formation of separate Telangana state.
Police then dispersed the protesters.
Purandareshwari later told media that all the Central Ministers from Seemandhra were opposed to the bifurcation, and they will vote against the AP State Reorganisation Bill in the Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH