Mother-son duo among 4 killed in AP road accident
Kadapa: Four persons, including a mother-son duo, were killed and five others injured in a road accident here in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday morning, police said.
A Tavera vehicle ferrying members of a family and their relatives to Tirumala crashed into a stationary truck at Pullampeta near here in the early hours of Saturday.
Four of them died on the spot while five others were injured, Circle Inspector Venkateswarlu said. The injured were admitted to Government Hospital at Rajampeta.
A teacher, Lakshiminarayana (35), who hailed from Terlapuram village in Medak district, was going to the temple town with his family members and relatives.
Lakshiminarayana, his mother Munemma (60) and relatives Renuka (28), Sridhar (28) were killed on the spot. His wife and two daughters were among those injured, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city