MP files complaint against Ashis Nandy
Karimnagar: An MP from Karimnagar district in Andhra Pradesh Friday filed a complaint against eminent scholar Ashis Nandy, for making remarks alleged to be anti-Dalit at the Jaipur Literature Festival, police said.
Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar today filed a complaint against Nandy at the Two Town police station here.
In his complaint, Prabhakar said the comments made by Nandy have hurt the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and backward classes and are an infringement on the rights of the these communities.
Prabhakar demanded the police to investigate the matter and take appropriate action against Nandy.
Circle Inspector, Karimnagar Two Town, G Vijay Kumar said a complaint by Prabhakar had been registered in the general diary and sent to the public prosecutor for his opinion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest