MP files complaint against Ashis Nandy
Karimnagar: An MP from Karimnagar district in Andhra Pradesh Friday filed a complaint against eminent scholar Ashis Nandy, for making remarks alleged to be anti-Dalit at the Jaipur Literature Festival, police said.
Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar today filed a complaint against Nandy at the Two Town police station here.
In his complaint, Prabhakar said the comments made by Nandy have hurt the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and backward classes and are an infringement on the rights of the these communities.
Prabhakar demanded the police to investigate the matter and take appropriate action against Nandy.
Circle Inspector, Karimnagar Two Town, G Vijay Kumar said a complaint by Prabhakar had been registered in the general diary and sent to the public prosecutor for his opinion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY