MP files complaint against Ashis Nandy
Karimnagar: An MP from Karimnagar district in Andhra Pradesh Friday filed a complaint against eminent scholar Ashis Nandy, for making remarks alleged to be anti-Dalit at the Jaipur Literature Festival, police said.
Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar today filed a complaint against Nandy at the Two Town police station here.
In his complaint, Prabhakar said the comments made by Nandy have hurt the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and backward classes and are an infringement on the rights of the these communities.
Prabhakar demanded the police to investigate the matter and take appropriate action against Nandy.
Circle Inspector, Karimnagar Two Town, G Vijay Kumar said a complaint by Prabhakar had been registered in the general diary and sent to the public prosecutor for his opinion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what