MP files complaint against Ashis Nandy
Karimnagar: An MP from Karimnagar district in Andhra Pradesh Friday filed a complaint against eminent scholar Ashis Nandy, for making remarks alleged to be anti-Dalit at the Jaipur Literature Festival, police said.
Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar today filed a complaint against Nandy at the Two Town police station here.
In his complaint, Prabhakar said the comments made by Nandy have hurt the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and backward classes and are an infringement on the rights of the these communities.
Prabhakar demanded the police to investigate the matter and take appropriate action against Nandy.
Circle Inspector, Karimnagar Two Town, G Vijay Kumar said a complaint by Prabhakar had been registered in the general diary and sent to the public prosecutor for his opinion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket