MP Rajagopal`s escape from hospital: Committee submits report
Hyderabad: The police inquiry committee,
appointed to probe the escape of fasting Congress MP L
Rajagopal from Vijayawada government hospital on December 20
and alleged negligence of policemen on duty, has submitted its
report to the state government.
The committee, headed by Additional DG (CID) A
Sivanarayana, submitted its report to the Chief Secretary,
reliable sources in the DGP office told PTI today.
The committee probed the alleged dereliction of duty
by policemen who were providing security at the hospital.
Rajagopal, who was fasting in support of united Andhra
Pradesh demand, escaped from the hospital on the night of
December 20 and surfaced at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical
Sciences (NIMS) the next day.
Vijayawada Police Commissioner K V Rajendranath Reddy
and five other police officials have been suspended for the
escape of the Lok Sabha member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi