MP Rajagopal`s escape from hospital: Committee submits report
Hyderabad: The police inquiry committee,
appointed to probe the escape of fasting Congress MP L
Rajagopal from Vijayawada government hospital on December 20
and alleged negligence of policemen on duty, has submitted its
report to the state government.
The committee, headed by Additional DG (CID) A
Sivanarayana, submitted its report to the Chief Secretary,
reliable sources in the DGP office told PTI today.
The committee probed the alleged dereliction of duty
by policemen who were providing security at the hospital.
Rajagopal, who was fasting in support of united Andhra
Pradesh demand, escaped from the hospital on the night of
December 20 and surfaced at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical
Sciences (NIMS) the next day.
Vijayawada Police Commissioner K V Rajendranath Reddy
and five other police officials have been suspended for the
escape of the Lok Sabha member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions