MP Rajagopal`s escape from hospital: Committee submits report
Hyderabad: The police inquiry committee,
appointed to probe the escape of fasting Congress MP L
Rajagopal from Vijayawada government hospital on December 20
and alleged negligence of policemen on duty, has submitted its
report to the state government.
The committee, headed by Additional DG (CID) A
Sivanarayana, submitted its report to the Chief Secretary,
reliable sources in the DGP office told PTI today.
The committee probed the alleged dereliction of duty
by policemen who were providing security at the hospital.
Rajagopal, who was fasting in support of united Andhra
Pradesh demand, escaped from the hospital on the night of
December 20 and surfaced at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical
Sciences (NIMS) the next day.
Vijayawada Police Commissioner K V Rajendranath Reddy
and five other police officials have been suspended for the
escape of the Lok Sabha member.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan