MP Rajagopal`s escape from hospital: Committee submits report
Hyderabad: The police inquiry committee,
appointed to probe the escape of fasting Congress MP L
Rajagopal from Vijayawada government hospital on December 20
and alleged negligence of policemen on duty, has submitted its
report to the state government.
The committee, headed by Additional DG (CID) A
Sivanarayana, submitted its report to the Chief Secretary,
reliable sources in the DGP office told PTI today.
The committee probed the alleged dereliction of duty
by policemen who were providing security at the hospital.
Rajagopal, who was fasting in support of united Andhra
Pradesh demand, escaped from the hospital on the night of
December 20 and surfaced at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical
Sciences (NIMS) the next day.
Vijayawada Police Commissioner K V Rajendranath Reddy
and five other police officials have been suspended for the
escape of the Lok Sabha member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players