MP Rajagopal`s escape from hospital: Committee submits report
Hyderabad: The police inquiry committee,
appointed to probe the escape of fasting Congress MP L
Rajagopal from Vijayawada government hospital on December 20
and alleged negligence of policemen on duty, has submitted its
report to the state government.
The committee, headed by Additional DG (CID) A
Sivanarayana, submitted its report to the Chief Secretary,
reliable sources in the DGP office told PTI today.
The committee probed the alleged dereliction of duty
by policemen who were providing security at the hospital.
Rajagopal, who was fasting in support of united Andhra
Pradesh demand, escaped from the hospital on the night of
December 20 and surfaced at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical
Sciences (NIMS) the next day.
Vijayawada Police Commissioner K V Rajendranath Reddy
and five other police officials have been suspended for the
escape of the Lok Sabha member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB