Murder accused arrested in Vishakhapatnam
Coimbatore: In a breakthrough in the probe into the murder of 53-year-old woman, who was chopped into six pieces and placed in two suitcases in an apartment in the city, the accused was arrested in Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and being brought here, a top police official said on Saturday.
The chopped body of the woman, staying in the apartment on busy Avanash Road, was recovered after some neighbours complained of foul smell emanating from the house on February 21.
A Xerox copy of the driving licence in the house, pointed the needle of suspicion to Yasser Arafat, working as supervisor in installation of mobile tower, and was staying in the opposite house, city police commissioner A K Vishwanathan told reporters here.
One of the five special police teams, which fanned across the southern states, got a definite clue that Yasser was staying in Vishakhapatnam. After detailed investigation, he was nabbed early today from a lodge and is being brought to the city, Vishwanathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre