Murder accused arrested in Vishakhapatnam
Coimbatore: In a breakthrough in the probe into the murder of 53-year-old woman, who was chopped into six pieces and placed in two suitcases in an apartment in the city, the accused was arrested in Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and being brought here, a top police official said on Saturday.
The chopped body of the woman, staying in the apartment on busy Avanash Road, was recovered after some neighbours complained of foul smell emanating from the house on February 21.
A Xerox copy of the driving licence in the house, pointed the needle of suspicion to Yasser Arafat, working as supervisor in installation of mobile tower, and was staying in the opposite house, city police commissioner A K Vishwanathan told reporters here.
One of the five special police teams, which fanned across the southern states, got a definite clue that Yasser was staying in Vishakhapatnam. After detailed investigation, he was nabbed early today from a lodge and is being brought to the city, Vishwanathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune