Murder accused arrested in Vishakhapatnam
Coimbatore: In a breakthrough in the probe into the murder of 53-year-old woman, who was chopped into six pieces and placed in two suitcases in an apartment in the city, the accused was arrested in Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and being brought here, a top police official said on Saturday.
The chopped body of the woman, staying in the apartment on busy Avanash Road, was recovered after some neighbours complained of foul smell emanating from the house on February 21.
A Xerox copy of the driving licence in the house, pointed the needle of suspicion to Yasser Arafat, working as supervisor in installation of mobile tower, and was staying in the opposite house, city police commissioner A K Vishwanathan told reporters here.
One of the five special police teams, which fanned across the southern states, got a definite clue that Yasser was staying in Vishakhapatnam. After detailed investigation, he was nabbed early today from a lodge and is being brought to the city, Vishwanathan said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory