Murder accused arrested in Vishakhapatnam
Coimbatore: In a breakthrough in the probe into the murder of 53-year-old woman, who was chopped into six pieces and placed in two suitcases in an apartment in the city, the accused was arrested in Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and being brought here, a top police official said on Saturday.
The chopped body of the woman, staying in the apartment on busy Avanash Road, was recovered after some neighbours complained of foul smell emanating from the house on February 21.
A Xerox copy of the driving licence in the house, pointed the needle of suspicion to Yasser Arafat, working as supervisor in installation of mobile tower, and was staying in the opposite house, city police commissioner A K Vishwanathan told reporters here.
One of the five special police teams, which fanned across the southern states, got a definite clue that Yasser was staying in Vishakhapatnam. After detailed investigation, he was nabbed early today from a lodge and is being brought to the city, Vishwanathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you