Muslims join BJP in Rayachoty constituency of Andhra Pradesh
Kadapa: A good number of Muslims have joined the BJP from Rayachoty assembly constituency in the presence of party state president Haribabu and other leaders at Rajampeta, sources said here on Thursday.
The constituency has more than 50,000 Muslim voters.
A former TDP leader and a business man joined the BJP with about two hundred supporters and also opened a party office at Rayachoty.
He said that Muslims should join BJP and work for the betterment of the community and the nation.
A beedi factory owner Hasan Basha and his supporters also joined the party, besides former YSR Congress leader Srinivasa Raju who joined the party with his supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites