Muslims join BJP in Rayachoty constituency of Andhra Pradesh
Kadapa: A good number of Muslims have joined the BJP from Rayachoty assembly constituency in the presence of party state president Haribabu and other leaders at Rajampeta, sources said here on Thursday.
The constituency has more than 50,000 Muslim voters.
A former TDP leader and a business man joined the BJP with about two hundred supporters and also opened a party office at Rayachoty.
He said that Muslims should join BJP and work for the betterment of the community and the nation.
A beedi factory owner Hasan Basha and his supporters also joined the party, besides former YSR Congress leader Srinivasa Raju who joined the party with his supporters.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Radiotherapy can affect lung cancer patients adversely
- Coolpad announces a price cut on Note 3 smartphone in India
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray asks Maharashtra CM Fadnavis to quit for supporting Vidarbha
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts