N T Rama Rao’s wife resorts to hunger strike, taken into custody
Hyderabad: Wife of former Andhra Pradesh
chief minister late N T Rama Rao was on Sunday taken into police
custody after she resorted to relay hunger strike in protest
against the Centre`s statement on initiating steps for
creation of Telangana state.
Laxmi Parvathi along with her supporters began relay
hunger strike near the samadhi of NTR near state secretariat.
She held responsible both the ruling Congress and the TDP for
the present political crisis in the state, police said.
As she sat on hunger strike raising slogans in support of
united Andhra Pradesh, Nampally Police took Parvathi and her
supporters into custody and shifted them to Nampally police
station, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India