N T Rama Rao’s wife resorts to hunger strike, taken into custody
Hyderabad: Wife of former Andhra Pradesh
chief minister late N T Rama Rao was on Sunday taken into police
custody after she resorted to relay hunger strike in protest
against the Centre`s statement on initiating steps for
creation of Telangana state.
Laxmi Parvathi along with her supporters began relay
hunger strike near the samadhi of NTR near state secretariat.
She held responsible both the ruling Congress and the TDP for
the present political crisis in the state, police said.
As she sat on hunger strike raising slogans in support of
united Andhra Pradesh, Nampally Police took Parvathi and her
supporters into custody and shifted them to Nampally police
station, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs