N T Rama Rao’s wife resorts to hunger strike, taken into custody
Hyderabad: Wife of former Andhra Pradesh
chief minister late N T Rama Rao was on Sunday taken into police
custody after she resorted to relay hunger strike in protest
against the Centre`s statement on initiating steps for
creation of Telangana state.
Laxmi Parvathi along with her supporters began relay
hunger strike near the samadhi of NTR near state secretariat.
She held responsible both the ruling Congress and the TDP for
the present political crisis in the state, police said.
As she sat on hunger strike raising slogans in support of
united Andhra Pradesh, Nampally Police took Parvathi and her
supporters into custody and shifted them to Nampally police
station, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!