N T Rama Rao’s wife resorts to hunger strike, taken into custody
Hyderabad: Wife of former Andhra Pradesh
chief minister late N T Rama Rao was on Sunday taken into police
custody after she resorted to relay hunger strike in protest
against the Centre`s statement on initiating steps for
creation of Telangana state.
Laxmi Parvathi along with her supporters began relay
hunger strike near the samadhi of NTR near state secretariat.
She held responsible both the ruling Congress and the TDP for
the present political crisis in the state, police said.
As she sat on hunger strike raising slogans in support of
united Andhra Pradesh, Nampally Police took Parvathi and her
supporters into custody and shifted them to Nampally police
station, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand