Naidu bats for single-window clearance system for choppers
Vijayawada: Senior BJP leader M Venkaih Naidu, who faced hitches in obtaining permission for his helicopter tour as part of poll campaign, on Sunday sought single-window system for giving necessary clearances to the choppers.
Recounting the difficulties he experienced in getting the required permissions from the authorities for his one-day tour in West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh yesterday, Naidu said, "The helicopter I was flying in was not allowed to travel from Tanuku to Tadepalligudem and from there to Narsapur and Kaikalur in Krishna district."
Though the local leaders approached the officials, they did not respond quickly, Naidu told reporters here.
"At some places the officials concerned were not at all present, though they have to be on duty for the entire day as per the instructions from officials," the former BJP chief said.
"Even though I contacted the Andhra Pradesh Governor and Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampat, the local officials did not act properly to give clearance for the chopper," he said.
At present, one has to take permission from the Roads and Buildings department, police department and fire brigade and then only has to apply for the landing of helicopter to the District Collectors, he said adding, "This process gives problems for the leaders who have to travel by choppers on a short notice."
"There should be a single window system to give clearance to the helicopters in which national political leaders fly, especially during the elections," Naidu said.
The BJP leader requested the Election Commission to liberalise the permission process.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview