Naidu demands compensation for Srikakulam firing victims
Hyderabad: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu
today demanded that the Andhra Pradesh government pay a
compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the families of two persons
killed and Rs 5 lakh each to those injured in police firing at
Kakarapalli village in Srikakulam district.
He also demanded that the police force deployed in
Kakarapalli and surrounding villages be withdrawn immediately.
The TDP chief visited Vattithandra and Kakarapalli
villages where people have been protesting against the setting
up of a thermal power plant. The villagers` protests turned
violent over the last week leading to police firing two days
ago killing two persons and injuring five others.
Naidu consoled the families of the firing victims.
Extending the TDP`s full support to the villagers`
struggle against the thermal power plant, which the Union
Ministry of Environment and Forests has since asked to stop,
he sought a judicial inquiry by a sitting judge into the
"We will fight till the thermal plant is totally
stopped here," he assured the villagers.
"Is there a government in the state," the Leader of
Though the TDP and other Opposition parties tried to
raise the Kakarapalli issue in the state Assembly, the
government deliberately got the House adjourned, he said.
"The government should establish who the real people
behind this controversial power plant were," he said.
However, former Union minister K Yerran Naidu and his
younger brother Atchannaidu, who hail from Srikakulam
district, faced the villagers` ire when they accompanied Naidu
to console the police firing victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog