Naidu demands compensation for Srikakulam firing victims
Hyderabad: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu
today demanded that the Andhra Pradesh government pay a
compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the families of two persons
killed and Rs 5 lakh each to those injured in police firing at
Kakarapalli village in Srikakulam district.
He also demanded that the police force deployed in
Kakarapalli and surrounding villages be withdrawn immediately.
The TDP chief visited Vattithandra and Kakarapalli
villages where people have been protesting against the setting
up of a thermal power plant. The villagers` protests turned
violent over the last week leading to police firing two days
ago killing two persons and injuring five others.
Naidu consoled the families of the firing victims.
Extending the TDP`s full support to the villagers`
struggle against the thermal power plant, which the Union
Ministry of Environment and Forests has since asked to stop,
he sought a judicial inquiry by a sitting judge into the
"We will fight till the thermal plant is totally
stopped here," he assured the villagers.
"Is there a government in the state," the Leader of
Though the TDP and other Opposition parties tried to
raise the Kakarapalli issue in the state Assembly, the
government deliberately got the House adjourned, he said.
"The government should establish who the real people
behind this controversial power plant were," he said.
However, former Union minister K Yerran Naidu and his
younger brother Atchannaidu, who hail from Srikakulam
district, faced the villagers` ire when they accompanied Naidu
to console the police firing victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Another on brink of extinction: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block