Naidu faces violent protests, but continues Telangana tour
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party President N
Chandrababu Naidu today faced violent protests from TRS
activists, but unperturbed by the incident he went ahead with
his tour of Ranga Reddy and Mahbubnagar districts in Telangana
and interacted with farmers at various places.
Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) workers hurled stones
at the Opposition leader`s convoy when he was proceeding to
Mahbubnagar, leaving some TDP men and media personnel injured.
Later he addressed the farmers, agitating for the past
few days demanding supply of adequate fertilisers for the
kharif crop, at Tunkimetla, Koilakundla, Madduru and other
places in Mahbubnagar district during his day-long tour.
Naidu staged a `dharna` in front of the Collectorate
at Mahbubnagar late in the night. Thousands of farmers and TDP
workers took part in the agitation.
The TDP chief lashed out at the K Rosaiah-led Congress
Government for "failing" to ensure adequate supply of
fertilisers when the kharif season was at its peak. "Rosaiah
has lost the authority to rule. He proved to be a most
incompetent Chief Minister."
He also came down heavily on Agriculture Minister N
Raghuveera Reddy for having claimed that there was no scarcity
of fertilisers. "He is shamelessly making such claims when
there is widespread unrest among farmers due to shortage of
the critical farm input. Let him tour the Telangana districts
if he has the guts," the former CM stated.
Talking to newspersons, the former Chief Minister
wondered why the TRS was resorting to such acts even after the
TDP had made its stand on Telangana issue clear.
"The TRS is unnecessarily creating trouble and
resorting to such heinous attacks when we are fighting for
Earlier in the day, activists of TRS and BJP hurled
stones at the convoy of Naidu, damaging one of his SUVs at
Parigi. Tension prevailed in Parigi, Ranga Reddy district as
police chased away the protestors who raised slogans against
Naidu and in support of Telangana.
"The Parigi Circle Inspector of police Damodar Reddy,
a Home Guard, a student and a TDP worker were injured in the
stone-pelting incident. We have registered a case against
several persons, including ten lawyers, lecturers and
activists of Akhila Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. We are
examining the video footage to identify the culprits," Ranga
Reddy District Superintendent of Police P Muniswamy said.
He said the TRS workers and a few BJP men mobbed the
residence of Parigi MLA K Hareeshwar Reddy when the TDP chief
stopped for breakfast.
"They tried to storm into the MLA`s house and pelted
stones at Chandrababu?s convoy vehicles and damaged the window
panes. This left four persons injured," he added.
The TRS workers demanded that Naidu clearly spell out
his stand on separate Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah