Naidu faces violent protests, but continues Telangana tour
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party President N
Chandrababu Naidu today faced violent protests from TRS
activists, but unperturbed by the incident he went ahead with
his tour of Ranga Reddy and Mahbubnagar districts in Telangana
and interacted with farmers at various places.
Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) workers hurled stones
at the Opposition leader`s convoy when he was proceeding to
Mahbubnagar, leaving some TDP men and media personnel injured.
Later he addressed the farmers, agitating for the past
few days demanding supply of adequate fertilisers for the
kharif crop, at Tunkimetla, Koilakundla, Madduru and other
places in Mahbubnagar district during his day-long tour.
Naidu staged a `dharna` in front of the Collectorate
at Mahbubnagar late in the night. Thousands of farmers and TDP
workers took part in the agitation.
The TDP chief lashed out at the K Rosaiah-led Congress
Government for "failing" to ensure adequate supply of
fertilisers when the kharif season was at its peak. "Rosaiah
has lost the authority to rule. He proved to be a most
incompetent Chief Minister."
He also came down heavily on Agriculture Minister N
Raghuveera Reddy for having claimed that there was no scarcity
of fertilisers. "He is shamelessly making such claims when
there is widespread unrest among farmers due to shortage of
the critical farm input. Let him tour the Telangana districts
if he has the guts," the former CM stated.
Talking to newspersons, the former Chief Minister
wondered why the TRS was resorting to such acts even after the
TDP had made its stand on Telangana issue clear.
"The TRS is unnecessarily creating trouble and
resorting to such heinous attacks when we are fighting for
Earlier in the day, activists of TRS and BJP hurled
stones at the convoy of Naidu, damaging one of his SUVs at
Parigi. Tension prevailed in Parigi, Ranga Reddy district as
police chased away the protestors who raised slogans against
Naidu and in support of Telangana.
"The Parigi Circle Inspector of police Damodar Reddy,
a Home Guard, a student and a TDP worker were injured in the
stone-pelting incident. We have registered a case against
several persons, including ten lawyers, lecturers and
activists of Akhila Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. We are
examining the video footage to identify the culprits," Ranga
Reddy District Superintendent of Police P Muniswamy said.
He said the TRS workers and a few BJP men mobbed the
residence of Parigi MLA K Hareeshwar Reddy when the TDP chief
stopped for breakfast.
"They tried to storm into the MLA`s house and pelted
stones at Chandrababu?s convoy vehicles and damaged the window
panes. This left four persons injured," he added.
The TRS workers demanded that Naidu clearly spell out
his stand on separate Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price
- Kotak Mahindra Bank to raise Rs 5,000 cr via bonds