Naidu hunger strike: AIADMK, MDMK extend solidarity
Hyderabad: Support for Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu`s indefinite hunger strike is growing with AIADMK and MDMK and Sunday joining other major parties like CPI, CPI(M), JD (U) and JD-S in extending solidarity to the fasting leader.
The former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh is on an indefinite hunger-strike for the last three days demanding that the government announce enhanced compensation to farmers
who lost their crops because of natural calamities.
MDMK leader Vaiko, AIADMK MP Sammali and CPI(M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury visited the fast camp this afternoon and expressed solidarity with Chandrababu. Film star Nandamuri Kalyanram, Chandrababu`s wife Bhuvaneswari, son Lokesh and other family members visited the fast camp and enquired about his health.
Another popular film star NTR (Junior) is expected to sit on a relay hunger-strike tomorrow in solidarity with his uncle.
The AIADMK MP read out a message sent by his party chief J Jayalalithaa expressing solidarity with the TDP president and promising to take his fight to the national
Vaiko too demanded that both the state and the central governments immediately pay Rs 10,000 per acre as compensation to farmers who lost their paddy crop and Rs 15,000 per acre for commercial crops like cotton and sugarcane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra