Naidu sets to rest successor issue at Mahanadu
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N
Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday indicated that his son Nara Lokesh
Babu was not set to take a political plunge at this juncture.
Naidu, while addressing the party`s annual convention,
Mahanadu, at Gandipet, disapproved the efforts to project his
son as the "future leader" by directing his party men not to
indulge into such acts.
"Everyone should observe restraint. Otherwise, it will
be construed as violation of the party discipline," the TDP
president told the rank and file of the party today.
He also asked party leaders and workers not to put up
any posters and banners displaying pictures of Lokesh.
Interestingly, scores of flexi-banners have been put
up not only at the venue of Mahanadu but also along the 20-km
stretch from the city.
This was for the first time that Lokesh`s banners have
come up during a party event even as the TDP unit of
Chandragiri, Chandrababu`s native constituency, passed a
resolution seeking to make Lokesh the party in-charge there.
Naidu strongly snubbed the Chandragiri leaders and
directed the Chittoor district party president not to
encourage such acts.
He reportedly told his party colleagues that the party
leadership issue did not arise as he was fit enough to lead it
for a few more years.
There is, however, a growing clamour in a section of
the TDP for handing over the party reigns to a member of the
founder-president N T Rama Rao`s family, though publicly no
such demand has been raised so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie