Naidu shoots off hard-hitting letter to PM over AP division
Hyderabad: Alleging that the Congress and UPA Government were "rubbing salt into the wounds of people of Andhra Pradesh" in their "criminal anxiety" to force the division of the state ahead of the general elections, Telugu Desam Party has demanded the Centre first find an "amicable solution" and only then proceed with the process.
In a six-page letter sent to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh late tonight, TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu reiterated his demand that all stakeholders like employees, farmers, students and Joint Action Committees of the three regions of the state be engaged in detailed consultations on contentious issues to find an amicable solution acceptable to all.
Significantly, Naidu drew the Prime Minister`s attention to the letters written by the TDP in 2008 and again in 2012, favouring a separate Telangana and also seeking "equitable justice" to all Telugu-speaking people.
"But, instead of trying to heal the wounds of bifurcation decision and minimising tensions, the Congress and the Government of India are rubbing salt into the wounds in their criminal anxiety to force the division for electoral gains.
"The Congress has been using Telangana issue time and again for its own political gains on the eve of general elections," the former Chief Minister maintained.
The Congress` Central Working Committee decision to carve out Telangana was taken without identifying and addressing the concerns of all regions and the process and methods being followed (to grant statehood) are undemocratic."
"Though the Srikrishna Committee, appointed by the Centre, submitted a report after a detailed study of the ground situation, it has been kept in cold storage till date.
"The Government did not even care to take note of the sensitivities and complexities, highlighted by the Committee, before announcing the decision (to divide the state)," the TDP chief alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read