Naidu supports fasting CPI(M) leaders in AP
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief
N Chandrababu Naidu expressed solidarity with CPI(M)`s State
Secretary BV Raghavulu, whose indefinite fast in support of
about 50 demands, concerning Dalit and tribal welfare entered
the second day on Friday.
Naidu visited Raghavulu and three other CPI(M)`s state
leaders, G Nagaiah, S Veeraiah and Midiam Babu Rao, at the
Indira Park here where they are on a fast since Friday.
The indefinite hunger strike by the CPI(M) leaders is
justified as the State`s Congress Government has failed to
provide a better deal for Dalits and tribals, the former Chief
Raghavulu vowed to continue the struggle till justice
is done to Dalits, tribals and others. CPI(M) workers and
leaders held demonstrations at various places, including
Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam, in support of the fast.
The main demands of the CPI(M) are introduction of a
special scheme for development of Dalit and tribal localities,
bringing in a special law for implementation of the sub-plan
for SC/STs, effective implementation of Forest Rights Act,
lifting of cases registered by Forest Department against
tribals, payment of compensation to those affected by
Polavaram irrigation project and return of their lands.
The other demands include appointment of members and
Chairman for SC/ST Commission, provision of identity cards for
tenant farmers, regulation of micro-finance companies, and
PDS ration cards for all eligible applicants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!