Naidu to PM: act like statesman, solve concerns on AP division
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party President N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday night urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to break his silence and take a "proactive role" in resolving the concerns and do justice to all over the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
In a strongly-worded six-page letter to Singh, the former Chief Minister accused him of being "totally indifferent and inefficient" in handling the sensitive issue and failing to act like a statesman.
"When people of Andhra Pradesh are going through trauma and agony due to the (July 30) decision of Congress Working Committee (to split AP & grant statehood to Telangana), I expected you to take a proactive role as a statesman instead of becoming a pawn in the party`s murky politics.
"You are treating the division of the state as an internal affair of Congress. Don`t you have the minimum responsibility of addressing the serious concerns of the people with a sense of utmost urgency?" Naidu said.
Strongly condemning the "indifferent attitude" of the Centre towards Telugu people who have been fighting for justice, the TDP chief wondered if it was not "abdication" of responsibility by the Prime Minister in remaining a "mute spectator" when crores of people are on the streets.
Naidu recalled a letter he had written to the Prime Minister on August 9 seeking his immediate intervention to resolve the agitating people`s concerns.
"Unfortunately, so far, no tangible steps have been taken by the government of India in this direction. Both the government of India and the government of Andhra Pradesh are in a state of limbo.
"Is your government not responsible for the crisis in Andhra Pradesh and therefore needs to take immediate steps to pacify the agitating people by resolving their concerns"? the Leader of the Opposition said.
He requested the PM to take urgent steps to restore peace in the state. Naidu`s letter came on a day when the mass agitation in Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra against the proposed division of the State entered the 29th day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA