Name new state as `Sonia Telangana`: Ex-Andhra minister
New Delhi: In a queer demand, a former Andhra Pradesh minister on Thursday suggested the Centre to name the new state carved out of Andhra Pradesh as `Sonia Telangana`.
"I am putting forth this demand, as she has prevented more individuals from the region committing suicide for Telangana cause," P Shankar Rao, who claims to be a founder member of Congress (I), said.
"Over a thousand people have committed suicide till the announcement on creation of Telangana was made. However, there were no suicides reported in the last 70 days," he added.
Terming Sonia as `Telangana Talli` (Mother of Telangana), Rao said he is installing a statue in Hyderabad by December which would resemble the face of the AICC chief.
He has also met the GoM looking into bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail