Namibian man held for abusing CISF personnel
Hyderabad: A Namibian national has been arrested for allegedly abusing a CISF personnel at the Rajiv Gandhi International (RGI) Airport here, police said on Tuesday.
23-year-old Hellao Brown, a degree student of Nizam College, who last month attended his final year BA exams, was to board a flight from RGI Airport to Mumbai on way to his country last night, they said.
However, security officials found a liquor bottle in his baggage at the security area on the airport premises and told him that he was not supposed to carry it in his baggage.
After being stopped from taking the liquor bottle along, Brown, who was allegedly in an inebriated state, used abusive language against the CISF personnel and even pushed aside one of them, an investigating officer said, adding that he was immediately taken into custody and handed over to police.
Following a complaint by airport authorities, the Namibian was booked under section 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) of IPC and arrested, RGI Airport police added.
Further investigations were on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Sheena murder case: Indrani, Sanjeev, driver interrogated together
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them