Namibian man held for abusing CISF personnel
Hyderabad: A Namibian national has been arrested for allegedly abusing a CISF personnel at the Rajiv Gandhi International (RGI) Airport here, police said on Tuesday.
23-year-old Hellao Brown, a degree student of Nizam College, who last month attended his final year BA exams, was to board a flight from RGI Airport to Mumbai on way to his country last night, they said.
However, security officials found a liquor bottle in his baggage at the security area on the airport premises and told him that he was not supposed to carry it in his baggage.
After being stopped from taking the liquor bottle along, Brown, who was allegedly in an inebriated state, used abusive language against the CISF personnel and even pushed aside one of them, an investigating officer said, adding that he was immediately taken into custody and handed over to police.
Following a complaint by airport authorities, the Namibian was booked under section 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) of IPC and arrested, RGI Airport police added.
Further investigations were on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan