Namibian man held for abusing CISF personnel
Hyderabad: A Namibian national has been arrested for allegedly abusing a CISF personnel at the Rajiv Gandhi International (RGI) Airport here, police said on Tuesday.
23-year-old Hellao Brown, a degree student of Nizam College, who last month attended his final year BA exams, was to board a flight from RGI Airport to Mumbai on way to his country last night, they said.
However, security officials found a liquor bottle in his baggage at the security area on the airport premises and told him that he was not supposed to carry it in his baggage.
After being stopped from taking the liquor bottle along, Brown, who was allegedly in an inebriated state, used abusive language against the CISF personnel and even pushed aside one of them, an investigating officer said, adding that he was immediately taken into custody and handed over to police.
Following a complaint by airport authorities, the Namibian was booked under section 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) of IPC and arrested, RGI Airport police added.
Further investigations were on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!