Namibian man held for abusing CISF personnel
Hyderabad: A Namibian national has been arrested for allegedly abusing a CISF personnel at the Rajiv Gandhi International (RGI) Airport here, police said on Tuesday.
23-year-old Hellao Brown, a degree student of Nizam College, who last month attended his final year BA exams, was to board a flight from RGI Airport to Mumbai on way to his country last night, they said.
However, security officials found a liquor bottle in his baggage at the security area on the airport premises and told him that he was not supposed to carry it in his baggage.
After being stopped from taking the liquor bottle along, Brown, who was allegedly in an inebriated state, used abusive language against the CISF personnel and even pushed aside one of them, an investigating officer said, adding that he was immediately taken into custody and handed over to police.
Following a complaint by airport authorities, the Namibian was booked under section 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) of IPC and arrested, RGI Airport police added.
Further investigations were on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda