Narasimhan is happy to get second term as Guv
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan on Sunday expressed happiness over getting a fresh term.
"I am happy over getting a second innings as Governor and the opportunity to serve in Andhra Pradesh," he told reporters here.
Narasimhan, a former Chief of Intelligence Bureau, was reappointed as Governor of Andhra Pradesh on Saturday.
He has been Andhra Pradesh Governor since January 2010, and has witnessed a turbulent period in the state`s politics due to separate Telangana agitation.
Replying to a query, he said he was quite happy with his first term and had no causes of "frustration".
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy congratulated Narasimhan for getting the second term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today