Narasimhan reappointed Andhra Governor
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan today took oath of office for a second term in the gubernatorial post.
High Court Chief Justice Madan B Lokur administered the oath to Narasimhan at a ceremony held at the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, his Cabinet colleagues and several other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
Narasimhan, a former Chief of Intelligence Bureau, was given a fresh term as Governor of Andhra Pradesh recently.
In a message on the occasion, he promised to work for the all-round development of the state and sought the cooperation of all in the endeavour.
Hailing the rich history and culture of Andhra Pradesh, he said the state emerged as a knowledge hub in recent years and is a pioneer in women self-help group movement.
Hoping to see greater progress in the days to come, Narasimhan, however, emphasised that "peace as well as stability is a necessary edifice for development to pick up momentum".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan