Narasimhan reappointed Andhra Governor
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan today took oath of office for a second term in the gubernatorial post.
High Court Chief Justice Madan B Lokur administered the oath to Narasimhan at a ceremony held at the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, his Cabinet colleagues and several other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
Narasimhan, a former Chief of Intelligence Bureau, was given a fresh term as Governor of Andhra Pradesh recently.
In a message on the occasion, he promised to work for the all-round development of the state and sought the cooperation of all in the endeavour.
Hailing the rich history and culture of Andhra Pradesh, he said the state emerged as a knowledge hub in recent years and is a pioneer in women self-help group movement.
Hoping to see greater progress in the days to come, Narasimhan, however, emphasised that "peace as well as stability is a necessary edifice for development to pick up momentum".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family