Narasimhan reappointed Andhra Governor
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan today took oath of office for a second term in the gubernatorial post.
High Court Chief Justice Madan B Lokur administered the oath to Narasimhan at a ceremony held at the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, his Cabinet colleagues and several other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
Narasimhan, a former Chief of Intelligence Bureau, was given a fresh term as Governor of Andhra Pradesh recently.
In a message on the occasion, he promised to work for the all-round development of the state and sought the cooperation of all in the endeavour.
Hailing the rich history and culture of Andhra Pradesh, he said the state emerged as a knowledge hub in recent years and is a pioneer in women self-help group movement.
Hoping to see greater progress in the days to come, Narasimhan, however, emphasised that "peace as well as stability is a necessary edifice for development to pick up momentum".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...