Narasimhan reappointed Andhra Governor
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan today took oath of office for a second term in the gubernatorial post.
High Court Chief Justice Madan B Lokur administered the oath to Narasimhan at a ceremony held at the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, his Cabinet colleagues and several other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
Narasimhan, a former Chief of Intelligence Bureau, was given a fresh term as Governor of Andhra Pradesh recently.
In a message on the occasion, he promised to work for the all-round development of the state and sought the cooperation of all in the endeavour.
Hailing the rich history and culture of Andhra Pradesh, he said the state emerged as a knowledge hub in recent years and is a pioneer in women self-help group movement.
Hoping to see greater progress in the days to come, Narasimhan, however, emphasised that "peace as well as stability is a necessary edifice for development to pick up momentum".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack