Narendra Modi criticised for remarks on Congress leaders
Hyderabad: Taking strong exception to the remarks of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi against the Nehru-Gandhi family, AICC secretary P Sudhakar Reddy on Monday said they were in bad taste and made out of his "over ambition to become a national leader".
"Nehru-Gandhi family does not need a certificate from someone like Narendra Modi. The family has made sacrifices for the sake of the nation before and after independence. This is Godse`s language," Reddy, also a Congress MLC in Andhra Pradesh, said here.
Modi, who is being projected by some as the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, attacked the Congress leadership for providing a weak "commission-seeking" government with "night watchman" Manmohan Singh at the helm.
He accused the Congress of sacrificing the nation`s interest for the Gandhi family.
"The night-watchman comment shows that he lacks culture. Modi is Chief Minister and he should learn to respect the Prime Minister. He has also insulted the watchmen community," Reddy said.
Hitting out at Modi for describing Congress as "commission-seeking," he said Congress always tried to unite people whereas BJP played divisive politics.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview