Narendra Modi criticised for remarks on Congress leaders
Hyderabad: Taking strong exception to the remarks of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi against the Nehru-Gandhi family, AICC secretary P Sudhakar Reddy on Monday said they were in bad taste and made out of his "over ambition to become a national leader".
"Nehru-Gandhi family does not need a certificate from someone like Narendra Modi. The family has made sacrifices for the sake of the nation before and after independence. This is Godse`s language," Reddy, also a Congress MLC in Andhra Pradesh, said here.
Modi, who is being projected by some as the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, attacked the Congress leadership for providing a weak "commission-seeking" government with "night watchman" Manmohan Singh at the helm.
He accused the Congress of sacrificing the nation`s interest for the Gandhi family.
"The night-watchman comment shows that he lacks culture. Modi is Chief Minister and he should learn to respect the Prime Minister. He has also insulted the watchmen community," Reddy said.
Hitting out at Modi for describing Congress as "commission-seeking," he said Congress always tried to unite people whereas BJP played divisive politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video