Navy sailor shoots self accidentally, dies
Visakhapatnam: A 22-year-old Navy sailor, on a sentry duty on board a warship near here, died after shooting himself accidentally, official sources said.
"Rohit Kumar, Electrical Mechanic Radio II, sustained the injuries by probable accidental discharge of his weapon, in the early hours today whilst on sentry duty on board a naval warship...And succumbed to the injuries later at the Naval Hospital," an official statement said.
A board of inquiry has been ordered to look into the cause of the accident, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley