Navy sailor shoots self accidentally, dies
Visakhapatnam: A 22-year-old Navy sailor, on a sentry duty on board a warship near here, died after shooting himself accidentally, official sources said.
"Rohit Kumar, Electrical Mechanic Radio II, sustained the injuries by probable accidental discharge of his weapon, in the early hours today whilst on sentry duty on board a naval warship...And succumbed to the injuries later at the Naval Hospital," an official statement said.
A board of inquiry has been ordered to look into the cause of the accident, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'