Naxal militia members surrender
Visakhapatnam (AP): Twenty-five militia members and `sympathisers` of Naxals surrendered before the police here on Monday.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Visakhapatnam Range, Swathi Lakra said those surrendered included a militia commander and two deputy commanders.
All of them belonged to Balapam and Korukonda areas in the district.
They surrendered following an appeal by Superintendent of Police G Srinivas, who recently conducted `Sadbhavana Yatra`, which was aimed at persuading Naxal cadres to join the mainstream.
Superintendent of Police and Officer on Special Duty Narasipatnam too had organised Sadbhavana Yatra at Kommangi, Daralabayulu and Korukonda recently.
Both officers interacted with the family members of Naxal cadres during their tours.
DIG Lakra said an immediate aid of Rs 5,000 would be given to each surrendered person for rehabilitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray