Naxal militia members surrender
Visakhapatnam (AP): Twenty-five militia members and `sympathisers` of Naxals surrendered before the police here on Monday.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Visakhapatnam Range, Swathi Lakra said those surrendered included a militia commander and two deputy commanders.
All of them belonged to Balapam and Korukonda areas in the district.
They surrendered following an appeal by Superintendent of Police G Srinivas, who recently conducted `Sadbhavana Yatra`, which was aimed at persuading Naxal cadres to join the mainstream.
Superintendent of Police and Officer on Special Duty Narasipatnam too had organised Sadbhavana Yatra at Kommangi, Daralabayulu and Korukonda recently.
Both officers interacted with the family members of Naxal cadres during their tours.
DIG Lakra said an immediate aid of Rs 5,000 would be given to each surrendered person for rehabilitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday