Naxals kill police `informer` in Andhra
Hyderabad: A man was shot dead by suspected Maoists for being a police informer in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh today, police said.
The body of the deceased, Bharat, was recovered from Venkatapuram-Cherla road at around 5 am with two bullet injuries and a letter purportedly written by the ultras, Bhadrachalam ASP N Prakash Reddy told a news agency over phone.
The letter, in Telugu, claimed that Bharat was an Area Committee Member who was earlier operating in Chhattisgarh.
The letter alleged that Bharat had started passing on information to police, and hence he was killed, the ASP said.
"We are verifying the contents of the letter and also the identification of the man," Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand