Naxals kill police `informer` in Andhra
Hyderabad: A man was shot dead by suspected Maoists for being a police informer in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh today, police said.
The body of the deceased, Bharat, was recovered from Venkatapuram-Cherla road at around 5 am with two bullet injuries and a letter purportedly written by the ultras, Bhadrachalam ASP N Prakash Reddy told a news agency over phone.
The letter, in Telugu, claimed that Bharat was an Area Committee Member who was earlier operating in Chhattisgarh.
The letter alleged that Bharat had started passing on information to police, and hence he was killed, the ASP said.
"We are verifying the contents of the letter and also the identification of the man," Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail