NCC Additional Director General meets Arunachal CM
Itanagar: NCC Additional Director General Maj Gen RK Sharma Monday called on Chief Minister Nabam Tuki at his official residence and discussed various issues concerning the NCC movement and activities in the state.
Sharma was accompanied by Col M Rath, Group Commander and Col SA Patil, Commanding Officer, official sources said.
During the discussion, Tuki assured all cooperation for the growth of NCC family in the state`s educational institutions and said his government was committed to support all kind of constructive activities involving youths.
"We have to channelize the energy and interest of our youths lest they sway away from the mainstream. NCC is an important movement in this regard that can imbibe in our youths discipline and patriotism for their state and country," Tuki said.
The chief minister said NCC programme should be implemented in every educational institution, government or private, so that its influence reaches every section of youths in the state.
Highlighting the advantages of NCC programme, besides inculcating moral values and discipline, Sharma said cadets excelling and reaching the highest levels have the advantage of getting recruited into the various wings of the Indian Armed Forces directly.
He assured the chief minister that activities of the NCC would be intensified and its reach extended in the state in the coming years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'