NCM team to probe communal clashes in Hyderabad
New Delhi: The National Commission for Minorities has decided to send an inquiry team to Hyderabad to probe the communal clashes there and sought a detailed report from the Andhra Pradesh government on the issue.
"We have sought a comprehensive report from the state government over the incidents. We want to know what is the latest situation there, the reasons for the communal flare-up,
actions taken by the state government so far and their plan of action to stop the communal clashes," NCM Chairman Md Shafi Qureshi told reporters.
Qureshi said the Commission, which has taken suo moto congizance of the matter, has decided to send a two-member inquiry team to the state, which will tour the affected areas, meet the people and the state government officials to take stock of the situation.
The team will also submit a report to the Central government after a detailed inquiry. Qureshi said the panel would first wait for a report from the state government on the
issue, which has been sought by the NCM on Monday.
The team is also likely to visit Moghalpura, Shalibanda, Charminar, Aliabad, Falaknuma, Shamsheergunj and Lal Darwaja localities, where fresh violence erupted yesterday.
Situation remains tense today in several areas of the old city of Hyderabad where curfew was clamped following incidents of communal violence, which left one dead and 80 injured since Saturday. The Centre has rushed 1,800 paramilitary personnel to restore peace in the sensitive areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic