NDMA asks states to form Disaster Response Force
Hyderabad: The National Disaster Management Authority has asked states to set up response force on the lines of one at the national level to effectively deal with natural calamities, NDMA Vice Chairman M Sasidhar Reddy on Sunday said.
Stressing the importance of training people to deal with disasters, he said the Disaster Response Force must also be able to manage the consequences of chemical and biological attacks.
He was speaking at a mock mass casualty drill organized by GVK Emergency Management Research Institute at a government hospital here in which various departments including police and fire participated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj