NDMA asks states to form Disaster Response Force
Hyderabad: The National Disaster Management Authority has asked states to set up response force on the lines of one at the national level to effectively deal with natural calamities, NDMA Vice Chairman M Sasidhar Reddy on Sunday said.
Stressing the importance of training people to deal with disasters, he said the Disaster Response Force must also be able to manage the consequences of chemical and biological attacks.
He was speaking at a mock mass casualty drill organized by GVK Emergency Management Research Institute at a government hospital here in which various departments including police and fire participated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange
- Brent oil pushes above $50 for first time in nearly seven months