NDMA asks states to form Disaster Response Force
Hyderabad: The National Disaster Management Authority has asked states to set up response force on the lines of one at the national level to effectively deal with natural calamities, NDMA Vice Chairman M Sasidhar Reddy on Sunday said.
Stressing the importance of training people to deal with disasters, he said the Disaster Response Force must also be able to manage the consequences of chemical and biological attacks.
He was speaking at a mock mass casualty drill organized by GVK Emergency Management Research Institute at a government hospital here in which various departments including police and fire participated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why