Need for negotiated settlement on Ayodhya issue: Subramanian Swamy
Hyderabad: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Sunday hoped that a negotiated settlement would be reached on the protracted Ram Janmabhoomi Babri mosque dispute.
"About Ram temple, we certainly would like a negotiated settlement with the Muslim community," he said.
"We need now, with the help of theologists of Islam, to sit with principal parties in the Supreme Court petitions that are there, to persuade them to accept the building in three places Mathura, Ayodhya and Kashi and mosque in another location, which we will help them build, and come to a negotiated settlement," Swamy said.
His response came to a query on Ram temple issue during an interaction with people active on the social media.
To another question, he said interests of different states should not supersede national interests.
"I have been saying this in Tamil Nadu also. The interests of Tamils cannot supersede the interests of the nation. Because of the foolishness of the previous government, China and Pakistan have made big inroads into Sri Lanka," he said.
Swamy noted that India being the biggest country in the region, should go an extra mile to win over its neighbours.
"The President of Sri Lanka has invited me. I am leaving now," he added.
He said within the country, no state can be allowed to place state interests above national interest rpt state interests above national interest. "Constitution is also very clear...," he said.
He criticised Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and DMK chief M Karunanidhi for opposing "Sanskrit week" in schools.
"Sanskrit is the language of the future," he said adding that even US space agency NASA had recognised Sanskrit as the most "computer-friendly" language.
Taking a dig at the Tamil Nadu leaders, he said, "Today, Karunanidhi and Jayalalithaa are opposing Sanskrit week. Then you change your name. Jayalalithaa is a Sanskrit name. Karunanidhi is a Sanskrit name."
Observing that nothing is "owed to one family" in BJP, Swamy said a system of checks and balances exists only in the BJP which does not allow individuals to have total power.
"If there is anything, the background could have held him (Prime Minister Narendra Modi) back. But, he has come up. He has crossed it and come. He himself represents a social revolution," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark