Nepali youth held for rape of minor girl in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A Nepali youth was arrested Tuesday for allegedly raping a minor girl at Pathrika Nagar here, police said.
The accused Dhanu Shrees alias Dhanu Bahadur, who is a cook in a restaurant at Madhapur, took away the four-and-half-year old girl to a remote place when she was playing in front of their house on December 22 and allegedly raped her, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Madhapur Zone) T Yoganand said.
After the girl informed his parents about the incident, they lodged a complaint against the accused at the Madhapur police station.
Bahadur, who was absconding since the incident, was nabbed at Secunderabad Railway station this morning and during interrogation, he confessed to having committed the crime, the DCP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest