New AP Chief Minister to undertake mass-contact programme
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh`s new Chief
Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Thursday decided to undertake a mass
contact programme, which late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was to
launch on the day he died in a chopper crash last year.
Kiran Reddy would resume the `Rachabanda` programme
soon, Information Minister D K Aruna told reporters after the
first meeting of the state cabinet tonight.
As per the programme, the chief minister would tour a
village without announcing his visit much in advance and meet
the residents at a centre point to enquire how the welfare and
development schemes are being implemented.
Rajasekhara Reddy left by a chopper from Hyderabad on
September two last year to a village in Chittoor district, but
died in a tragic chopper crash.
In the cabinet meeting, Kiran Reddy stressed the need
to effectively fulfil the promises made in the Congress
manifestos for the Assembly elections in 2004 and 2009, Aruna
He directed that the Rs 591 crore sanctioned for
undertaking the works related to the damage caused by floods
and heavy rains be properly utilised, she said.
The cabinet decided to hike the Dearness Allowance for
government employees to 8.56 per cent. It will come into force
with retrospective effect from July one.
The hike in DA would put an additional burden of Rs
1,498 crore on the state`s exchequer, Aruna said.
The Chief Minister would launch the `Pushkaram` (the
ritual of taking sacred bath that comes once in every 12
years) for Pranahita river on December six, she said.
Reddy directed the Ministers to attend to the
problems of various sections like employees of `104` medical
emergency services, who have been agitating for regularisation
The Chief Minister also appreciated the services
rendered by his predecessor K Rosaiah from September three
last year to November 24 this year, Aruna added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security