Newly-elected legislators call on Jagan in jail
Hyderabad: The newly-elected legislators of YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) on Saturday called on party chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in the Chanchalguda Central Jail.
The legislators, who reached Hyderabad from various districts, drove to the jail and met Jagan, who is in judicial custody in an illegal assets case.
The legislators including B Sreenivas Reddy, Gurunath Reddy, Shucharita, Chenna Keshava Reddy, Amarnath Reddy and others called on Jagan, who was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on May 27. They spent about half an-hour with him.
Jagan thanked the newly-elected legislators and asked them to remain in the forefront to solve people`s problems and be accessible to people.
Later talking to reporters, the legislators said the stupendous performance of the party in the by-elections reflected the people`s aspiration to see YSR`s rule.
"Our goal is to fulfill this dream of people," said Amarnath Reddy. He was confident that Jagan would bring back the golden rule of his late father YSR, as Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was popularly known.
YSRCP bagged Nellore Lok Sabha and 15 out of 18 assembly seats in the by-elections, the results of which were announced on Friday.
Meanwhile, Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, who was re-elected from Nellore with a majority of over 291,000 votes, visited the `samadhi` of YSR at Pulivendula in Kadapa district and paid tributes to the late leader.
Rajamohan Reddy said the people want to see Jagan as the chief minister. He predicted that many legislators from Congress and TDP would join YSRCP in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion