Newly-elected legislators call on Jagan in jail
Hyderabad: The newly-elected legislators of YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) Saturday called on party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy in the Chanchalguda Central Jail here.
The legislators, who reached Hyderabad from various districts, drove to the jail and met Jagan, who is in judicial custody in an illegal assets case.
The legislators including B Sreenivas Reddy, Gurunath Reddy, Shucharita, Chenna Keshava Reddy, Amarnath Reddy and others called on Jagan, who was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) May 27. They spent about half an-hour with him.
Jagan thanked the newly-elected legislators and asked them to remain in the forefront to solve people`s problems and be accessible to people.
Later talking to reporters, the legislators said the stupendous performance of the party in the by-elections reflected the people`s aspiration to see YSR`s rule.
"Our goal is to fulfill this dream of people," said Amarnath Reddy. He was confident that Jagan would bring back the golden rule of his late father YSR, as YS Rajasekhara Reddy was popularly known.
YSRCP bagged Nellore Lok Sabha and 15 out of 18 assembly seats in the by-elections, the results of which were announced Friday.
Meanwhile, Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, who was re-elected from Nellore with a majority of over 291,000 votes, visited the `samadhi` of YSR at Pulivendula in Kadapa district and paid tributes to the late leader.
Rajamohan Reddy said the people want to see Jagan as the chief minister. He predicted that many legislators from Congress and TDP would join YSRCP in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video