Newly-elected legislators call on Jagan in jail
Hyderabad: The newly-elected legislators of YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) Saturday called on party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy in the Chanchalguda Central Jail here.
The legislators, who reached Hyderabad from various districts, drove to the jail and met Jagan, who is in judicial custody in an illegal assets case.
The legislators including B Sreenivas Reddy, Gurunath Reddy, Shucharita, Chenna Keshava Reddy, Amarnath Reddy and others called on Jagan, who was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) May 27. They spent about half an-hour with him.
Jagan thanked the newly-elected legislators and asked them to remain in the forefront to solve people`s problems and be accessible to people.
Later talking to reporters, the legislators said the stupendous performance of the party in the by-elections reflected the people`s aspiration to see YSR`s rule.
"Our goal is to fulfill this dream of people," said Amarnath Reddy. He was confident that Jagan would bring back the golden rule of his late father YSR, as YS Rajasekhara Reddy was popularly known.
YSRCP bagged Nellore Lok Sabha and 15 out of 18 assembly seats in the by-elections, the results of which were announced Friday.
Meanwhile, Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, who was re-elected from Nellore with a majority of over 291,000 votes, visited the `samadhi` of YSR at Pulivendula in Kadapa district and paid tributes to the late leader.
Rajamohan Reddy said the people want to see Jagan as the chief minister. He predicted that many legislators from Congress and TDP would join YSRCP in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul
- In-form Indian women hockey team beats Canada 3-1
- 'Corporate governance reforms to promote sustainability'