Nine go blind after operation in Andhra
Hyderabad: Nine people lost their sight after undergoing surgery at a private hospital in Ongole town of Andhra Pradesh.
The victims, from poor families, were Sunday shifted to the government-run Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital here.
The doctors said the retinas were damaged and chances of their regaining eyesight were bleak.
The victims underwent cataract operation three days ago in Ongole, about 340 km from here. Doctors here blamed infection for the tragedy.
In December last year, five people went blind after undergoing surgery at a free eye surgery camp in Nandyal town of Kurnool district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet