Nine IPS officers in AP transferred
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government on Saturday transferred nine Indian Police Service officers, including the controversial Director General of state Anti-Corruption Bureau D Boobathi Babu and Hyderabad police Commissioner AK Khan.
Of these, three have been promoted to the rank of Director General of Police and one of them has been retained in the same position.
IPS officer of 1979-batch B Prasada Rao, currently the vice-chairman and managing director of AP State Road Transport Corporation, has been promoted to the rank of DGP and posted as Director General of ACB, relieving incumbent Boobathi Babu "from the additional charge," a Government Order issued by state Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi said. Babu, however, has not been given any new charge.
AK Khan of 1981 batch, currently Hyderabad Commissioner of Police, has been transferred and posted as Vice Chairman and managing director of APSRTC.
Khan`s batchmate Anurag Sharma, who has been holding additional charge of Hyderabad CP`s post for over a month now, has now been given the regular charge.
Syed Anwar-ul Huda of 1979 batch has been promoted to the rank of DGP and retained as Director General of Police (Law & Order) by temporarily adding a post in the DGP grade, the Chief Secretary`s order said.
Another officer of the 1979 batch, Aruna Bahuguna has also been promoted to the DGP rank and posted as chairperson of AP Police Housing Corporation.
TP Das, who was recently promoted to the DGP rank, has been transferred to the post of Director General of Prisons and Director of Correctional Services, relieving Vivek Dube of the additional charge.
Lokendra Sharma, currently on leave, has been posted as Director General of AP Special Protection Force in the rank of Additional DGP, the Chief Secretary`s order said.
Lokendra Sharma`s 1980 batchmate Madanlal has been transferred and posted as Managing Director of AP Police Housing Corporation.
JV Ramudu of 1981 batch has been made the new ADGP of Greyhounds, the elite anti-naxal squad of AP Police.
Damodar Goutam Sawang of 1986 batch, who returned from deputation to the United Nations, has been promoted to the ADGP rank and posted to the AP Special Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered