No bail for Chiranjeevi`s son-in-law in dowry case
Hyderabad: A local court on Thursday denied
bail to G Shirish Bharadwaj, son-in-law of the
actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi, who is facing dowry
The 8th Additional Metropolitan sessions court,
however, granted anticipatory bail to Shirish`s mother T N
Suryamangala on certain conditions.
Chiranjeevi`s daughter K Srija on March 14 had filed a
complaint against her husband Shirish and mother-in-law
Suryamangala alleging she was being harassed and ill-treated
by the duo for the past one year for an additional dowry of Rs
Based on her complaint, the woman police station at
the Central Crime Station (CCS) here registered a case against
them under section 498-A (subjecting woman to cruelty by
husband, in-laws) and under relevant provisions of the Dowry
Following registration of the case, Shirish, along
with his mother last week filed a plea before session’s court
seeking anticipatory bail. The court yesterday completed
hearing arguments from both the sides and reserved the order
The court in its order observed that prima facie
Shirish is not entitled for anticipatory bail under the
existing circumstances since investigations were still on.
While granting anticipatory bail to Shirish`s mother
the court laid down certain conditions and asked her to
execute a bond of Rs 10,000 and furnish two sureties of equal
sum, in case of arrest.
Suryamangala was also asked not to leave Hyderabad and
report before the Station House Officer (SHO) CCS on every
alternate day until further orders and was also told to
cooperate in the investigations. The court further asked her
not to interact or influence witnesses.
The Additional Public Prosecutor had earlier contended
that Srija was not willing to take up any counselling on the
Srija, the youngest daughter of Chirajneevi, married
Shirish in 2007 against the wishes of her family at Arya Samaj
here and then fled to Delhi. She had also approached a court
there seeking protection from her family. The couple has a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India