No bifurcation of AP on emotional grounds: Raju
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader from Andhra
Pradesh and Union Minister M M Pallam Raju on Thursday said the
state cannot be bifurcated on "emotional" grounds and
practicality of all the solutions has to be kept in mind
before deciding on the demands for a separate Telangana state.
"The government certainly does respect the sentiments. At
the same time we have look into what is the practical thing we
can do. Bifurcation of a state cannot happen because of
emotional reasons," Raju said here.
He was talking to reporters on the sidelines of Sixth
International Conference on Energizing Indian Aerospace
Industry organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Replying to a question on demand for separate Telangana
state, Raju said the report by Srikrishna Commission, which
was set up by government, has found out that backward areas
like Telangana exist in all the three regions of Andhra
"Srikrishna commission has done a good job of looking into
all the factors including the demand for a separate Telangana
on grounds of backwardness. Findings of Commission have shown
that these backward regions exist in all three regions of
Andhra Pradesh. So that ground is not there," Raju said.
"There has to be a justifiable ground for any bifurcation
to happen. It cannot be done just because of an emotional
demand. But like I said, government certainly respects the
sentiments of the regions and is looking into it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report