No bifurcation of AP on emotional grounds: Raju
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader from Andhra
Pradesh and Union Minister M M Pallam Raju on Thursday said the
state cannot be bifurcated on "emotional" grounds and
practicality of all the solutions has to be kept in mind
before deciding on the demands for a separate Telangana state.
"The government certainly does respect the sentiments. At
the same time we have look into what is the practical thing we
can do. Bifurcation of a state cannot happen because of
emotional reasons," Raju said here.
He was talking to reporters on the sidelines of Sixth
International Conference on Energizing Indian Aerospace
Industry organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Replying to a question on demand for separate Telangana
state, Raju said the report by Srikrishna Commission, which
was set up by government, has found out that backward areas
like Telangana exist in all the three regions of Andhra
"Srikrishna commission has done a good job of looking into
all the factors including the demand for a separate Telangana
on grounds of backwardness. Findings of Commission have shown
that these backward regions exist in all three regions of
Andhra Pradesh. So that ground is not there," Raju said.
"There has to be a justifiable ground for any bifurcation
to happen. It cannot be done just because of an emotional
demand. But like I said, government certainly respects the
sentiments of the regions and is looking into it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27