No bifurcation of AP on emotional grounds: Raju
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader from Andhra
Pradesh and Union Minister M M Pallam Raju on Thursday said the
state cannot be bifurcated on "emotional" grounds and
practicality of all the solutions has to be kept in mind
before deciding on the demands for a separate Telangana state.
"The government certainly does respect the sentiments. At
the same time we have look into what is the practical thing we
can do. Bifurcation of a state cannot happen because of
emotional reasons," Raju said here.
He was talking to reporters on the sidelines of Sixth
International Conference on Energizing Indian Aerospace
Industry organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Replying to a question on demand for separate Telangana
state, Raju said the report by Srikrishna Commission, which
was set up by government, has found out that backward areas
like Telangana exist in all the three regions of Andhra
"Srikrishna commission has done a good job of looking into
all the factors including the demand for a separate Telangana
on grounds of backwardness. Findings of Commission have shown
that these backward regions exist in all three regions of
Andhra Pradesh. So that ground is not there," Raju said.
"There has to be a justifiable ground for any bifurcation
to happen. It cannot be done just because of an emotional
demand. But like I said, government certainly respects the
sentiments of the regions and is looking into it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared