No change of guard in Andhra Pradesh: Cong
Hyderabad: Against the backdrop of demands made by some dissident party leaders, Congress on Thursday said that there will be no change of guard in Andhra Pradesh.
"Absolutely no change of guard in near future. There is a
leader of the legislature party, there is a PCC president in
place. And we have elections in 2014.
We will go for elections
under their leadership," AICC Secretary K B Krishna Murthy,
who is also an incharge of party affairs in the state, told
reporters here tonight.
Replying to a query, he said indiscipline by party
leaders would not be tolerated.
"Public statements are given by leaders sometimes which
definitely violate party`s disciplinary norms. Yesterday, I
clearly said anybody going to the press unnecessarily without
authorisation and creating any confusion is not acceptable.
Anybody who does so in future, shall be subjected to
disciplinary procedures," he said.
He was asked about the statements made by some party
MLAs and others favouring change of guard.
Krishna Murthy held talks with various party leaders
including Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and state
Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana in the last two days.
He had asserted yesterday that criticism against the
Chief Minister was not acceptable.
Krishna Murthy said he would submit a report to the
party leadership about his visit.
He said the ensuing bypolls to 17 assembly seats,
necessitated due to the disqualification of Congress MLAs who
switched loyalty to Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, are
uncalled for and waste of public money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today