No-confidence motion against AP govt welcome: Satyanarayana
Hyderabad: Asserting that there is no threat
to the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh from any quarter,
state Transport Minister B Satyanarayana on Wednesday said he would
welcome if a no-confidence motion is tabled by any party.
"There is no threat to the stability of the government.
In fact, it will be good for us if a no-confidence motion is
moved on the floor of the Assembly. We will get an opportunity
to say what we are doing. That`s why, we welcome it," he told
He was replying to a query about the war of words between
Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy and main opposition TDP on
tabling a no-trust vote against the Congress government.
Jagan had charged that the TDP was not interested in
moving a no-confidence motion, as it had a clandestine
agreement with Congress.
Asserting that it is ready to move a no-trust vote over
farmers` issues, TDP challenged Jagan to parade MLAs loyal to
him before the Governor, so that he can dethrone the Congress
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and state Congress
president D Srinivas have earlier expressed confidence on
facing the no-confidence motion.
Taking serious exception to the attack on Congress
government over paddy procurement and other farmers` issues by
TDP, Jagan and other opposition parties, the Transport
Minister said the charges are baseless.
The levy paddy procurement target is 13 lakh tonnes and
8.60 lakh tonnes has already been procured and a total of 15
lakh tonnes will be purchased, he said.
"TDP, the new party (Jagan) and BJP are making
allegations for political gains. We know our responsibility
and we don`t run away from problems," he said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Bangladesh pacer Shahadat Hossain apologizes for torturing 11-year-old girl, asks for end to ban
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!