No-confidence motion against AP govt welcome: Satyanarayana
Hyderabad: Asserting that there is no threat
to the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh from any quarter,
state Transport Minister B Satyanarayana on Wednesday said he would
welcome if a no-confidence motion is tabled by any party.
"There is no threat to the stability of the government.
In fact, it will be good for us if a no-confidence motion is
moved on the floor of the Assembly. We will get an opportunity
to say what we are doing. That`s why, we welcome it," he told
He was replying to a query about the war of words between
Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy and main opposition TDP on
tabling a no-trust vote against the Congress government.
Jagan had charged that the TDP was not interested in
moving a no-confidence motion, as it had a clandestine
agreement with Congress.
Asserting that it is ready to move a no-trust vote over
farmers` issues, TDP challenged Jagan to parade MLAs loyal to
him before the Governor, so that he can dethrone the Congress
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and state Congress
president D Srinivas have earlier expressed confidence on
facing the no-confidence motion.
Taking serious exception to the attack on Congress
government over paddy procurement and other farmers` issues by
TDP, Jagan and other opposition parties, the Transport
Minister said the charges are baseless.
The levy paddy procurement target is 13 lakh tonnes and
8.60 lakh tonnes has already been procured and a total of 15
lakh tonnes will be purchased, he said.
"TDP, the new party (Jagan) and BJP are making
allegations for political gains. We know our responsibility
and we don`t run away from problems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'