No-confidence motion against AP govt welcome: Satyanarayana
Hyderabad: Asserting that there is no threat
to the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh from any quarter,
state Transport Minister B Satyanarayana on Wednesday said he would
welcome if a no-confidence motion is tabled by any party.
"There is no threat to the stability of the government.
In fact, it will be good for us if a no-confidence motion is
moved on the floor of the Assembly. We will get an opportunity
to say what we are doing. That`s why, we welcome it," he told
He was replying to a query about the war of words between
Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy and main opposition TDP on
tabling a no-trust vote against the Congress government.
Jagan had charged that the TDP was not interested in
moving a no-confidence motion, as it had a clandestine
agreement with Congress.
Asserting that it is ready to move a no-trust vote over
farmers` issues, TDP challenged Jagan to parade MLAs loyal to
him before the Governor, so that he can dethrone the Congress
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and state Congress
president D Srinivas have earlier expressed confidence on
facing the no-confidence motion.
Taking serious exception to the attack on Congress
government over paddy procurement and other farmers` issues by
TDP, Jagan and other opposition parties, the Transport
Minister said the charges are baseless.
The levy paddy procurement target is 13 lakh tonnes and
8.60 lakh tonnes has already been procured and a total of 15
lakh tonnes will be purchased, he said.
"TDP, the new party (Jagan) and BJP are making
allegations for political gains. We know our responsibility
and we don`t run away from problems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31