No-confidence motion against AP govt welcome: Satyanarayana
Hyderabad: Asserting that there is no threat
to the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh from any quarter,
state Transport Minister B Satyanarayana on Wednesday said he would
welcome if a no-confidence motion is tabled by any party.
"There is no threat to the stability of the government.
In fact, it will be good for us if a no-confidence motion is
moved on the floor of the Assembly. We will get an opportunity
to say what we are doing. That`s why, we welcome it," he told
He was replying to a query about the war of words between
Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy and main opposition TDP on
tabling a no-trust vote against the Congress government.
Jagan had charged that the TDP was not interested in
moving a no-confidence motion, as it had a clandestine
agreement with Congress.
Asserting that it is ready to move a no-trust vote over
farmers` issues, TDP challenged Jagan to parade MLAs loyal to
him before the Governor, so that he can dethrone the Congress
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and state Congress
president D Srinivas have earlier expressed confidence on
facing the no-confidence motion.
Taking serious exception to the attack on Congress
government over paddy procurement and other farmers` issues by
TDP, Jagan and other opposition parties, the Transport
Minister said the charges are baseless.
The levy paddy procurement target is 13 lakh tonnes and
8.60 lakh tonnes has already been procured and a total of 15
lakh tonnes will be purchased, he said.
"TDP, the new party (Jagan) and BJP are making
allegations for political gains. We know our responsibility
and we don`t run away from problems," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!