No-confidence motion against AP govt welcome: Satyanarayana
Hyderabad: Asserting that there is no threat
to the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh from any quarter,
state Transport Minister B Satyanarayana on Wednesday said he would
welcome if a no-confidence motion is tabled by any party.
"There is no threat to the stability of the government.
In fact, it will be good for us if a no-confidence motion is
moved on the floor of the Assembly. We will get an opportunity
to say what we are doing. That`s why, we welcome it," he told
He was replying to a query about the war of words between
Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy and main opposition TDP on
tabling a no-trust vote against the Congress government.
Jagan had charged that the TDP was not interested in
moving a no-confidence motion, as it had a clandestine
agreement with Congress.
Asserting that it is ready to move a no-trust vote over
farmers` issues, TDP challenged Jagan to parade MLAs loyal to
him before the Governor, so that he can dethrone the Congress
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and state Congress
president D Srinivas have earlier expressed confidence on
facing the no-confidence motion.
Taking serious exception to the attack on Congress
government over paddy procurement and other farmers` issues by
TDP, Jagan and other opposition parties, the Transport
Minister said the charges are baseless.
The levy paddy procurement target is 13 lakh tonnes and
8.60 lakh tonnes has already been procured and a total of 15
lakh tonnes will be purchased, he said.
"TDP, the new party (Jagan) and BJP are making
allegations for political gains. We know our responsibility
and we don`t run away from problems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India