‘No-confidence motion by TDP for pol reasons’
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra
Pradesh on Friday alleged Telugu Desam has given the notice of
no-confidence motion against the government only for political
"Telugu Desam has given a single line notice for moving
the no-confidence motion. It did not say how the government
has lost the confidence. It shows that they are doing it only
for political purposes and not out of concern for people`s
welfare and development," state Legislative Affairs Minister D
Sridhar Babu told reporters here.
The TDP issued a notice to Assembly speaker Nadendla
Manohar for moving a no-confidence motion against the Congress
government on Thursday.
The TDP said the government should come forward for the
debate on the no-confidence motion.
"If the government is sincere, then they should come
forward for debate on the no-confidence motion. If the debate
takes place, burning issues like distress of farmers, law and
order, the fees reimbursement of students belonging to SC, ST,
minority and other backward classes would be discussed," TDP
MLA D Umamaheswara Rao said.
TDP`s Telangana Forum leader E Dayakar Rao said the
no-confidence motion is an opportunity for the Telangana
leaders to target the Congress government as it has not kept
its word on the formation of separate Telangana.
Incidentally, TRS, fighting for separate Telangana, has
also moved a no-confidence motion against the government
Meanwhile, YSR Congress leader Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy is
reportedly planning to come to Hyderabad, taking a break from
his `odarpu yatra` in Guntur district, to meet the MLAs loyal
Alleging that ruling Congress leaders were trying to
take away MLAs loyal to him, he, however, said his loyalists
would support the no-confidence motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez