No decision taken on Telangana: Sushilkumar Shinde
New Delhi: The Centre has neither taken any decision on Telangana nor on convening an all-party meeting to discuss the issue, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Thursday.
"No decision has been taken yet on Telangana and we have not taken any decision on all-party meeting also. I do not know anything on Telangana," Shinde told reporters here.
There has been speculation that government has taken some initiative to resolve the issue and Shinde had discussed it with President Pranab Mukherjee when he met him today.
But the Home Minister denied discussing Telangana with Mukherjee.
Earlier, the Centre had said that it was ready to call a meeting of eight political parties once it gets the opinions of four political parties -- Congress, TDP, MIM and YSR Congress.
BJP, TRS, CPI, CPI-M have already taken a stand on the Telangana issue but the remaining four political parties -- Congress, TDP, MIM and YSR Congress-- are yet to make public their stand on the creation of Telangana.
Two earlier meetings of the political parties on Telangana issue were held on January 5, 2010 and January 6, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?