No decision taken on Telangana: Sushilkumar Shinde
New Delhi: The Centre has neither taken any decision on Telangana nor on convening an all-party meeting to discuss the issue, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Thursday.
"No decision has been taken yet on Telangana and we have not taken any decision on all-party meeting also. I do not know anything on Telangana," Shinde told reporters here.
There has been speculation that government has taken some initiative to resolve the issue and Shinde had discussed it with President Pranab Mukherjee when he met him today.
But the Home Minister denied discussing Telangana with Mukherjee.
Earlier, the Centre had said that it was ready to call a meeting of eight political parties once it gets the opinions of four political parties -- Congress, TDP, MIM and YSR Congress.
BJP, TRS, CPI, CPI-M have already taken a stand on the Telangana issue but the remaining four political parties -- Congress, TDP, MIM and YSR Congress-- are yet to make public their stand on the creation of Telangana.
Two earlier meetings of the political parties on Telangana issue were held on January 5, 2010 and January 6, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack