No dilution of stand on Telangana: Moily
New Delhi: As the political crisis in Andhra Pradesh deepened with 13 Congress ministers from Telangana sending their resignation to Sonia Gandhi, the Centre today sought to mollify them saying it has "not diluted" its stand on the statehood issue.
Law Minister M Veerappa Moily, in-charge of Congress
affairs in Andhra Pradesh, said "the union government has not
diluted its stand on Telangana."
He said it was only other political parties in Andhra
Pradesh which have made a U-turn on the statehood after
promising to support a resolution in the state assembly
favouring bifurcation of the state.
"They had said they will support a resolution in the
Assembly at the all-party meeting convened by Chief Minister K
Rosaiah on December 7. Now, they have made a U-turn," he told.
"The union government is not a monarchy. We have to
set in the democratic process and that is possible only
through consultations and the government of India is always
willing to be a facilitator," he said apparently in response
to the criticism from Telangana activists that the Centre had
put the issue on the backburner in the name of consultations.
Congress MPs from Telangana, who faxed their
resignations to party chief Sonia Gandhi yesterday, welcomed
Moily`s statement and said the Centre should announce a
time-frame for the formation of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes