No forward movement on Telangana: Shinde
New Delhi: With the protests intensifying over the demand for Telangana, the Centre on Monday said there was no forward movement on the issue.
"There is no forward movement," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters here when asked about the Central government steps for resolution of the sensitive issue.
Asked about the claim by a senior Andhra Pradesh Police officer that the Left Wing Extremists were supporting the separate state movement, Shinde said, "That was his information. I can`t say anything on it here".
Meanwhile, a top government functionary said Telangana was a political issue and a decision on the separate state has to come from the political leadership.
Last month Shinde had said the Central government was yet to take any decision on convening an all party meeting to discuss the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video