No forward movement on Telangana: Shinde
New Delhi: With the protests intensifying over the demand for Telangana, the Centre on Monday said there was no forward movement on the issue.
"There is no forward movement," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters here when asked about the Central government steps for resolution of the sensitive issue.
Asked about the claim by a senior Andhra Pradesh Police officer that the Left Wing Extremists were supporting the separate state movement, Shinde said, "That was his information. I can`t say anything on it here".
Meanwhile, a top government functionary said Telangana was a political issue and a decision on the separate state has to come from the political leadership.
Last month Shinde had said the Central government was yet to take any decision on convening an all party meeting to discuss the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly