No forward movement on Telangana: Shinde
New Delhi: With the protests intensifying over the demand for Telangana, the Centre on Monday said there was no forward movement on the issue.
"There is no forward movement," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters here when asked about the Central government steps for resolution of the sensitive issue.
Asked about the claim by a senior Andhra Pradesh Police officer that the Left Wing Extremists were supporting the separate state movement, Shinde said, "That was his information. I can`t say anything on it here".
Meanwhile, a top government functionary said Telangana was a political issue and a decision on the separate state has to come from the political leadership.
Last month Shinde had said the Central government was yet to take any decision on convening an all party meeting to discuss the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan