`No move to dilute Telangana stir of Congress leaders`
Hyderabad: Asserting that their commitment
to separate Telangana is unwavering, Congress MPs from
Telangana region on Monday said there is no move to dilute the
ongoing separate statehood agitation by offering political
postings to Telangana leaders.
"There is no move or proposal to pacify or dilute the
Telangana agitation or leaders by offering them Cabinet berths
or any other posts. There is no compromise in our fight for
separate Telangana," Congress MP Ponnam Prabhakar told
reporters here after a meeting of party MPs from Telangana.
He dismissed media reports that there is a move to pacify
the Telangana leaders and agitators by offering key postings
to those from the region.
The continuation of D Srinivas as state Congress
president, the possible Union Cabinet expansion or the
reported move by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy to appoint
a reputed Telangana lawyer as Advocate General are not aimed
at cooling the tempers of the Telangana agitators, Prabhakar
"Formation of separate Telangana is our goal and our
activity would go to any extent for that. Congress party is
mulling ways to clear the way for formation of Telangana. They
don`t want to prolong the matter. Telangana Congress MPs, MLAs
are only trying to strengthen the party," he said.
Congress MP from Nalgonda G Sukhender Reddy said to a news agency that
the meeting discussed the two meetings the Telangana Congress
MPs had with the high command earlier and the road ahead.
"We discussed what to say in our next meeting with the
top leaders. We felt that we should stick to our stand
(nothing short of separate Telangana)," he said.
Interestingly, Reddy has made a proposal to the Congress
top leaders to divide Andhra Pradesh into three separate
states - Telangana, Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra.
"I have given a proposal in writing to the top leaders.
One of the main hurdles for the formation of Telangana is the
incompatibility and apprehensions between coastal Andhra and
Rayalaseema regions. So, I suggested that Andhra Pradesh can
be divided into three parts. That is an amicable solution to
the problem," Reddy said.
The contentious issues are the share of river waters and
safety of "settlers" in Hyderabad in the event of formation of
separate Telangana and they can be addressed by putting in
place a mechanism for water-sharing and Hyderabad can be the
common capital for the three proposed states for some years,
The proposal made by him is being studied by the high
command, Reddy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back